A Mid-Weight Technical Project Manager at FX works to ensure the continued successful delivery of technical projects within FX, supporting and enabling team members to ideate and create to the best of their ability. They use their experience and skills to support the wider team in the creation of briefs, scopes/statements of work, and the communication of deadlines with internal FX team members and clients. Further to this, they communicate the progress of projects to clients and report on the outcome of projects to the FX leadership team.
As a Mid-Weight Technical Project Manager, you will be working with development teams to deliver OTT/CTV projects to our clients. These teams are made up of developers/engineers, QA analysts, designers, product managers and you!
- Own the entire project process from concepting through planning, creation, QA, and delivery, ensuring accurate specification and efficient execution of projects.
- Get involved in the gathering of requirements and collate briefs on new projects. Create estimates, project plans, SOWs, CRs, functional specs, invoices, and all other project documentation.
- Communicate projects and deadlines clearly within the production team, reporting to all internal project stakeholders.
- Report on the outcome of projects to the lead of project management, including the financial performance of a project.
- Report to the lead of project management on team performance, wellbeing and strengths/weaknesses.
- Make sure our clients stay in love with us. Maintain the open and colleague-like relationship we already have and find new ways for them to love us even more.
- Have regular meetings with all client contacts to gauge satisfaction.
- Problem solves and manages any issues through to a positive outcome.
- Deliver projects that meet customer requirements and exceed expectations.
- Help respond to requests for proposals by working with relevant team members to develop fantastic responses.
- Keep an ear to the ground for any business opportunity that might be of interest to the business – both with existing clients and new ones.
- Be a figure of respect within the FX team, able to motivate, energise and invigorate the team to promote collaboration, effort and delivery across all departments.
- Support the ongoing improvement of an efficient process that makes life easier for all.
- Contribute constructively to and sometimes lead brainstorms and idea sessions, concepting, and mocks creation for pitch decks as necessary.
Must have skills/experience
- Experience in writing essential digital PM documents (SoWs, Change Requests, Project Plans, etc.)
- Ability to translate technical aspects of digital projects into clear terms
- Delivery experience with varied budgets and team sizes
- Understanding of design and development software and languages
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Leadership and presentation abilities, translating client briefs into requirements
- Familiarity with industry tools like Gitlab, JIRA, and Miro
- Effective communication with clients and team members
- Success working with creative and technical teams (developers, engineers, QA analysts)
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience in writing user stories, and technical/functional specifications
- Experience building/delivering OTT/TV products
- Great eye for design
- An appetite to facilitate workshops/present to clients, prospective and existing
What we offer
- MacBook Air on your first day at FX
- Annual profit share distributed equally across all roles and departments
- Pension contributions with Nest pensions
- Generous 35 days of annual leave, including bank holidays and Christmas office shutdown
- Monthly one-on-one Sanctus mental health coaching session
- Optional Vitality Health Insurance with discounted Apple Watch, cinema tickets, and Amazon Prime
- Cycle-to-work scheme with up to 47% savings on a new bike
- Flexi start time between 9am and 10am
- Employee referral scheme
- Regular appraisals for feedback and growth
- Weekly dedicated training time for personal development
- Collaborate with prestigious global brands in media, sports, and entertainment
This is a full-time role based out of our Old Street, London office. We can only consider applicants who can work 3 days per week from the office.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about this role. We just wanted to remind you that even if you think you don’t tick all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway — you could still be a perfect fit! And don’t forget to look around our careers page for other opportunities. We can’t wait to hear from you!